Monday, September 23, 2013

California Trip

James took off to do out of state rotations this summer and the girls and I were left alone to fend for ourselves. So after six weeks of being alone we took off to California to spend a week with my mom and then a week with my dad in Lake Tahoe. Two of my six sisters flew in to see us and we all had a great time. 

My mom, 10 year old sister Myah and 13 year old brother Landon
We mostly stayed at the apartment for the week but it was nice and relaxing. Landon was so sweet with the girls and would sword fight with Ella each day. Myah played non stop with the girls and was my little nanny. My mom got a lot of one on one time with them and she loved it. She is a great grandma to them and they thought she was amazing after she hula hooped for an hour.
My dad got a trike for Ella to ride while we were there. And my mom had a whole patio full of toys and set up all of Myah's old toys in our room too. it definitely pays off to have a sister only 7 years older then your child. They had a blast together. I was so relieved to not have to pick up a barbie for two weeks!!
She didn't take her eyes off her Auntie the whole week
Loved cooking with my Sister all week
We loved watching Myah at gymnastics all week.
Aunt Jo Jo flew in from Utah and spend four days with us. The girls love their Auntie and have spent the most time with her out in Florida. They are her little babies and i think she could watch videos of them all day long. 

Aunt Tessa lives in California and made such an effort to see us a ton while we were there. She is an amazing Aunt and played so well with the girls. This was her first time ever meeting Everette!
She gave them the sweetest gifts. The girls got present each day and i had to get another suitcase just to bring it all home! Spoiled.
Aunt meggie came running off the airplane and into the girls arms. She is so funny with them and they were all over her for the five days she spent with us. She will make the best mommy some day.

I was in heaven spending a week with my sisters. Just wish we could have all been together!

My dad is an amazing grandpa and the girls have always loved his company. He treats all three of us like queens and before I even rolled out of bed each morning I had pancakes and bacon in my hands. He would really do anything for me.
Lake days
Smores
 Hanging around
Swimming
Arcade
There was a horrible wild fire so it was smokey most of the week but it made for some great sunsets.
Hiking
Everette went pee in the potty all week. probably cause I didn't have a whole house to take care of and could focus more of my time on her.
Kayaking 
paddle boarding 
We had a great time with family and I'm so happy we went. I wont be flying alone with two kids again for a very long time. Thanks mom and Dad for making this trip possible for us. It made the time away from James so much easier. Single motherhood is no joke!!

3 comments:

  1. So fun seeing all the pictures from your trip. You girls really did have a blast I can tell. :) Love all of Ella's faces. haha! You & your sisters are all so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read blogs in like a year but love love being able to see pictures of your trip! I'm jealous of your lake days and wearing jackets for a full week. Also, favorite pic of all time is the one of Ever hanging on the playground. I lovelove love those babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looking at this. This trip looks so fun.

    ReplyDelete